Monday, January 29, 2007

Rainy Days and Mondays...


It has been famously said that music has powers to soothe the savage beast. I, however, believe that the true power of music lies in the lyrics - the power of words. A good lyric reaches you, and you can instantly feel connected. Such is the case of "Rainy Days and Mondays," the famed Carpenter's song. In the song, Karen richly croons that "rainy days and Mondays always get me down." In listening to it, she gives voice to the melancholy we've all felt - that we all feel.

Each morning I wake is a struggle to get out of bed. Each Monday is infinitely worse. Today, struggling with the fact that my weekend was over, that it was 19 degrees outside, and that it was that damn Monday again, I felt I'd had enough. Then, like a ray of comic sunshine, I found this little gem in my inbox....

Thanks DW! You get me, and suddenly Monday doesn't seem so wonky.


0 comments: